Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Welcome to the Plague!

So, on the way to work today Tammy, my wife, mentioned that yesterday she had to battle a Plague of Buses to get to Seattle. My brain immediately locked on to that catchy phrase and I said "Hey! You could do a blog about your commute and call it 'A Plague of Buses'". I bet you can see where this is going huh? She replied with "I'm not really prolific enough to be writing that kind of thing."

My first thought was wow, prolific, that's a pretty busy word to be throwing out at 6:00 AM. I sat quietly for a moment and then I noticed a VW bug in front of us with the license plate EEKABUG. I grabbed my foot and began to pull it to my mouth as I said "See, you could post things like how funny the plate on that bug is".

Now, keep in mind, my wife and I have matching Hyundai Elantras. They are terrific economical cars. I however am, to put it politely, stretching the description of "pear shaped". There are parts of me I haven't seen since I was in my 20's. So, getting my foot to my mouth while driving takes some work! I seldom miss a chance to say something foolish (or disturbing) for some reason so I pulled hard on my pant leg.

After 2 or 3 more traffic observations my wife, of course , says "You are the one who ought to write the blog!" So, here we are. We'll vent about spending 4 to 6 hours a day crammed into cars, buses and trains trying to keep from giving our house back to the bank and pawning Tammy's M&M collection for cheeseburgers.

3 comments:

  1. And I don't think anyone tried to kill us or run us off the road or anything this morning. (Tammmy)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure about the overall look of this blog. It seems a little too familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am nothing if not derivitive, in a hero worshippy sorta way.

    ReplyDelete